This week our Gaultier townland of choice is Ballyhoo.
Did you know that there is a townland named Ballyhoo bordering Waterford City’s Outer Ring Road.
The Irish name for Ballyhoo is Baile Hú. Canon Power gives it as Baile Húgh – “Hugh’s Homestead.
Ballyhoo has an area of:
• 1,227,616 m² / 122.76 hectares / 1.2276 km²
• 0.47 square miles
• 303.35 acres / 303 acres, 1 rood, 16 perches
Ballyhoo borders the following other townlands:
• Ballindud (Gaultier) to the east
• Ballycashin (Middlethird) to the west
• Carriganard (Gaultier) to the west
• Duagh (Middlethird) to the south
• Kilbarry (Gaultier) to the north
• Knockeen (Middlethird) to the west
• Lacken (Gaultier) to the east
In the 1901 census there were 16 people living in the townland.
In the 1911 census there are 12 people living in the townland.
Find us on Facebook
If you would like to get the blog directly to your email, subscribe on the page or request that we add you by emailing email@example.com